Thursday, 12 July 2018

Owners bikes, Dene Gorfin, bike 3, part 3

Here is a restoration update from Dene Gorfin

"Slow progress, I replaced kick start shaft to correct size and while i was there replaced the clutch friction plates. I am currently still doing the wiring which I find is the least enjoyable part of rebuilding bikes and
at the moment I still got the temporary European forks/front brake. The UK forks are ready after replacing fork tubes, oil seals, dust seals and oil but whilst stripping the UK brakes one of the bleed nipples sheared so tha'ts another job to do/delay. 
The exhaust is also temporary until i decide what to fit. While the standard seat is being recovered i found this seat to go on for now.
The paintwork not yet started so my target date for completion of Aug bank holiday may well slip."







No comments:

Post a comment