Search This Blog


Wednesday, 9 April 2014


we have set up a facebook page to make it easier to share pics and stories, click here and like, and most importantly share!

Friday, 4 April 2014

Bike for sale

Just spotted this fully sorted MBX80 on ebay... it looks very, very familiar....

Here is the advert on ebay

Update: I just spoke to spoke to Martyn Butler and it is his. So check out his restoration story for a little back history on his very tidy bike.

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

NOS speedo cover

I needed a speedo cover for my build but according to the Honda M shop these were now discontinued. So I was very surprised to see a new old stock item pop up on ebay. I used to check the value of what they should be (£40ish), so I bid honestly to its actual value and won! To say I was pleased was an understatement as it was evident that were other bidders, sorry!

Saturday, 1 March 2014

Owners bikes: Rob from Belgium

Rob Dever from Belgium owns this rather nice MBX80 re-sprayed in a more subtle take on the original 'rainbow' paint scheme.

Monday, 10 February 2014

Restoration: swingarm

Recently I got my Dad on the case with the restoration with he swing arm!

Firstly I stripped the swing arm down and inspected it for ware and tare and most importantly rust. There was very little surface rust and the swing arm looked like it was a good usable unit, so I handed it over to my Dad to work his magic.

The swing arm was then degreased, shot blasted and coated in primer, which is the state you see in the images. The next stage will be to spray it silver and add the orange pro-link decals.
a freshly prepared swing arm awaits paint

the underside is very clean

shock mount, you can see pitting from the surface rust, but this is now been completely removed.

Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for all your emails this past year, it gives a real lift to here I wasn't the only MBX enthusiast!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Saturday, 7 December 2013

NOS parts

Whilst restoration news is a little light, while some parts are being currently worked on, I thought I'd post some more new old stock parts I have recently collected. 

I wanted genuine Honda petrol cap as I heard that the replica caps found on ebay were not very good and I didn't want to take the risk on my NOS fuel tank. The left hand handle bar clamp bracket was allegedly the last one... The throttle housing completes all the parts on the handle bars. The left hand side panel was relatively cheap and as mine had a broken lug I had to have it, it will also be used to colour match a little paintwork. And lastly the liquid cooled decals are now very rare, and will complete the radiator cowl. For these parts I used our friends at the Honda M shop

When I stripped the bike down I noticed the exhaust was rotten, fortunately a new genuine exhaust came up on ebay. It has a couple of paint scrapes on it, but after 25 odd years of storage its nothing a quick spray wont hide.
genuine Honda is the only way on fuel caps
clutch bracket plus throttle covers
right hand side panel
exhaust just needs blowing over after 25 + years of storage